Have you ever wondered why dogs do the things they do? Here is a list of the things my dogs do.
I have shared my life with many dogs. They each had their own personalities and traits. Each one was special to me and will forever have a place in my heart. My husband and I are now the proud humans of Kole, a mixed black lab and Katie, our little yellow mutt.
We find they can make us laugh when we are sad, sometimes just by doing the things that dogs do. But have you ever wondered why dogs do some things?
Here is a list of a few of the things our dogs do that we wonder about.
- Why do dogs look down the hall or in an empty room and wag their tails? Is there someone there we can’t see? Can dogs see ghost?
- When dogs dream why do they always move their feet? Do they only dream about running?
- Back on sleep. Why do some dogs howl in their sleep? Katie is notorious about doing this, at least once a month or so we are awaken to her wolf man howl.
- Why do dogs chase their tails? Don’t they know it belongs to them? Doesn’t it hurt to bite it?
- Why do dogs turn in circles before they poop, and then scratch in the dirt? Are they looking for the best spot? Do they want to cover the poop with dirt because they are embarrassed?
- Why do dogs chew your shoes, stuffed animals, paper cups or just about anything their humans have touched? Why do dogs take your clean underwear off the bed while you shower and place it on the living room floor? Well, maybe that is only what Kole does to me.
- How do dogs know you are sick or had surgery? When I had surgery, Kole never left my side and he was very gentle. As I recovered he slowly became less protective.
- How do dogs know their humans are almost home? My two are waiting at the door before my husband has even turned his truck down our street, much less in our driveway.
- Why do dogs have to have a certain special tennis ball to play with when they have a box or yard full?
- And finally, why do dogs lie? Kole and Katie tell me all the time they have not eaten all day, have not had any treats, did not take a walk, have not played outside and No, they did not lay on the living room couch?
This is written with love for my special companions, Kole Dog Mace and Katie Mae Mace. No matter what you dogs do we will always love you. Thanks for being a part of our pack.
Published in: Pets