However, you do have some control … until you become aware of a disturbing trend: your puppy seemed to enjoy barking. This is especially true when hearing passersby outside or if someone presses the doorbell.
Whatever the reason, it’s boring. You do not want your neighbors complain about your dog. Sometimes you hear dogs barking in the neighborhood, but it’s different when our responsibility is at stake.
Fortunately, there are tricks to reduce
your dog’s barking, but first let us ask ourselves this question:
Why do they like dogs barking?
For dogs it is natural, especially to defend their territory. If an intruder enters the perimeter, it will bark to alert you or to scare the person.
Your dog can also bark if he wants to alert you of a problem or if he is nervous and irritable. It may also come from the breed of your dog. Some have this bad reputation … you just know.
However, these are not reasons to have a dog that barks all day!
Probably have you ever noticed that the yelling to stop it barking does not work. The main reason is that he thinks you want to play with him. He barks, you “Bark”, he continues to bark, you “Bark” even stronger …
How to make it stop barking?
Teach your dog to stop barking is possible. Besides, you can teach him to bark on command, with the sound of order “barks.” It is not clear (as any order), but it is essential for living pays with his entourage.
Here is an exercise in 6 steps to solve the problem.
1. Ask a friend or family member to help. You need it to ring at the door to force your dog to bark.
2. Use a word like “shhh”, “stop” or “stop”. For efficiency, always use the same order. When your dog starts barking, say the order of your pocket and pull out a treat. Then his attention should be focused on it and it should quickly stop barking.
3. Repeat the exercise. As soon as he barks, you give the order to shut up and put prominently the treat. As soon as he stops, praise him by giving the treat.
4. Repeat this exercise at another time of day. The exercises will last only a few minutes (10 minutes).
5. After a few workouts, it should assimilate the order “shush” with the act of stopping barking.
6. Now, perform this exercise in other situations where it tends to bark.
Note: It is important to know the reasons pushing your dog to bark. Maybe it does for your attention. If this is the case, you need to play with him. He should get plenty of exercise, both physically and mentally. You will notice significant changes in its behavior.
Make sure the life jacket fits him and let him get used to have when in the water and get used to swim before taking him off.
Published in: Pets