Every wondered what your cat is trying to, here’s the answer.
What does the meow signify ?
Cats meow to communicate with humans and very little towards other cats as this is done from the use of scent and body language and little vocalisation. Your cat will be able to devlop perticlar meow’s to suit you. some of the common cats meows include
- Short meow- this is usualy a greeting, “Hello”
- Multiple meows- when a cat is telling a story, “Never guess what I did today”
- Low pitched meow- A complaint, “you should be feeding me not doing that”
- Mid pitch meow- A request, “feed me please”
- High pitched meow- The cat is in pain, “owww”
- Drawn out meows- A demand, “OH, get me my food now”
The purr- how and why do they do it?
No-one actualy knows how a cat purs as they cant look inside a cat when it is purring, but here are the two main theories
- Blood travels through large veins in the cats chest cavity nwhich causes vibration, this is then amplified by the diaphram and pase up the windpipe to sinuses in the skull
- A Vibration of the larynx that resonates down to the windpipe and into the diaphragm.
Most cats will purr when they are happy but it is commen for cats to purr when frighyened or in pain, there is also theory that purrs are benificial to the cats health as it could stimulate growth
The tail is another tool for in which cats may use to communicate, here are some of many ways in which it can do this
- The tail is quivering or twitching- A way of sayin hello
- The tail is wagging or swishing- The cat is getting angry, stay back
- The tail is fluffed up- Trying to indimate an opponent by looking big
Two pics of my wonderul fred.
thanks for reading, please comment i’ll get back toyou and resd your stuff
Published in: Pets