Here are great ways to save money in this time of crisis.
There are many people who are having a hard time budgeting their money because of global crisis. Personally we are also experiencing hardships because of this economic turmoil but are able to survive because of the things we do. Here are some of the practical tips you may just want to use to save money in this time of crisis.
There are many people who really cannot save water when they are using the bathroom. There are even some who consume more than 5 pails of water on one bathing alone. If you are going to think back, few years ago there is this country (I am not just going to name the country) which has an insufficient supply of water and so what they do is that they use the water which they have used in bathing themselves to cook their rice and their viand. Unbelievable isn’t it, but it’s true and you must believe it. There are things you can do to save water and these are:
- Stop using Flush-Toilet Bowl System. Every time you flush your toilet bowl you are already consuming almost 3 liters of water and it’s even more than what you can drink in a day. To save water then you should do it manually. Why not try to fill a dipper or a tabo or even a small bucket to flush the bowl?
- What You Used For Rinsing Clothes can be Used To Water The Plants. You don’t need to throw the used water because you can still use it. Personally we have different kinds of plants because we are planning to have a business related to plants and instead of using fresh water from the faucet, we use the water which we have used for rinsing the clothes after washing them.
Electricity has been very essential to humans since its discovery and development since most people use home equipments such as television and personal computers, but instead of being of a help it became a great problem to some families.
- Instead of Using Dryer why not just hang your clothes outside to let them dry. The heat of the sun is a natural anti-bacteria component. You are not just saving your electric consumption but you are also saving yourself from being prone to bacterial infection.
- Lessen television and computer usage. Just imagine if you are watching television the whole day while you are using your computer, it will really give you a headache once you receive your electric bill. One of the worst performers was the Panasonic TH-58PZ700U, using 609.53 watts per hour in “on” mode, costing a user almost $200 annually.
- Never forget to unplug unused equipments. Just like your televisions, once you don’t unplug them then you are still consuming 0.3 watts- 5 watts per hour depending on the kind of television you have.
- Just cook enough food for the day. The quotation, “Having excessive things are better than to have insufficient supply” does not anymore apply in this time of crisis. What you can do is to eat right. According to facts, there are many Americans who are obese — actually 2 out of 3 Americans are obese– because of their eating habits. Why not eating less? You are not only saving yourself from the danger of being fat but also saving money from lessening food consumption.
- Walk More, Ride Less. The crisis in gasoline is not just affecting one country or state but the whole world. Instead of using your cars, why not just walk if it’s just near? Or why not just use bicycles. You are also reducing the carbon monoxide and radiation being produced by cars. Just think of it as a sort of exercise also.
Cellphone Load Consumption
- Although this is not usually talked about, but the consumption of cellphone load mainly in Korea, Japan, and especially in the Philippines is tremendously great that is why it’s even called the texting capital of the world. There is the telephone which you can use to call locally without limits.
Now is really the time to accept the reality that everyone is having financial problems, but never fear because the only solution you have is to be wise. Spend wisely and you will survive this economic turmoil. God Bless You All!
Published in: Personal Finance