How to do so.
If you’re a modern day woman, then you will understand just how much money beauty costs. This article will help you to find ways in which you can cut back on the amount of money that you spend on beauty products, meaning that you always have a little bit spare for other things that you might like from your life.
- Buy a good quality moisturiser. Although you might not think that this is saving money, you will in the long term. A good bottle only requires a small amount to spread over a large area of your skin, whereas a lesser quality bottle would require you to use a lot more and this means that you would have to replace the bottle more often.
- Buy a quality foundation. This is the same principle as foundation. A better quality one will save you money in the long term because it will mean that you don’t have to spend more money getting new bottles.
- Only use one bottle of perfume. If you buy a new bottle ever month, then you will waste a lot of it because it evaporates. If you do have more than one bottle, you should make sure that you store them in a cool place so that they’re not exposed to the heat. Try to use the bottle before you purchase a new one, as this means that you are always going to be able to use everything that you have paid for.
- Don’t wear make up all of the time. There is no need for you to wear make up if you are just going for a walk around the block, or if you’re not leaving the house at all. You would be shocked at the number of people who put make up on whether they’re leaving the house or not, and at the end of the day this is nothing but a complete waste of time and money. Only apply it if you’re going somewhere, and don’t put too much of it on.
- Don’t buy all in one shampoo. If you do this, then you might actually find that you’re spending more money than you would be if you were buying them on their own and doing it this way. You should work out which of the costs more; don’t just assume that one bottle is always going to be cheaper than two.
- Don’t be tricked. Although there are a lot of things out there that you can buy which claim to be able to defy age, gravity, and many other things, the fact is that they just don’t work. People pay a lot of money for them, and then manage to convince themselves that they can see the difference in their face when the fact is that there is no difference at all. The best beauty regime is simple; so keep it this way.
- Don’t waste money on disposable razors. Instead, invest in a battery powered one. This will last for years, and will save you plenty of money in the long term. Disposable ones cost around £1 each, so that’s £52 a year. One electric razor can cost less than this, and lasts a lot longer.
Published in: Personal Finance