These tips will allow you to save on your groceries every time.
1. Have a budget of how much you spend on groceries and stick to it.
2. Plan out your weekly or monthly menu. This way you know what you need to make your meals- and if there is anything you are out of, you can purchase it.
3. You can get access to the weekly circulars at your grocery store online. Just go to the grocery store website and click on weekly ad or circulars. Look at what items are on sale that you regularly buy. Stock up on those sale items if it a really good deal.
4. Always use coupons for only the items you buy. This will save you in a big way. Have a binder, organize coupons of different category, like diary products, laundry items, soap, coffee/tea, cereal, rice, pasta, etc. Look for coupons online or in the Sunday paper.
Do not use coupons to buy items you don’t regularly buy, unless you want to try a new brand, formula or flavor.
5. Do not just shop at one food store. You may favor one food store, but you will hold back yourself from tons of grocery savings.
Stay up to date with your other food stores to see their weekly sales, and when they offer double coupons or triple coupons. At times, certain stores offer double coupons all the time, others have on certain days of the week. For triple coupons, it can be a few days every month or every 6 weeks. Find out at different supermarket.
6. Grow your own food- grow your own vegetables and herbs.
7. Shop for fruits and vegetables at Asian markets. They can be much affordable and less expensive than regular supermarkets.
8. Compare prices of different brands and see which one is less expensive.
9. Cut down on tons of junk food, snacks, frozen dinners and meat products.
10. Make full use of your leftovers.
MORE ARTICLES BY THIS AUTHOR
Published in: Personal Finance