Most of us want to reduce the amount spent on electric bills. Here are some simple ways to do it.
- Switch off the Water Heater when not in use. Whenever you need hot water turn it on. My family saves around 10$ a month by following this.
- Use fluorescent light bulbs and not the ordinary incandescent light bulbs. They use 30 percent less energy and lasts longer.
- Use Power Strips : Even when your electronic appliance’s such as TV, Printer are switched off they draw a small current. So you have to remove the plug but this is a difficult task. So you can use power strips. Connect many electronic components to a single power strip and remove the Power strip plug from wall when not in use.
- Run the dishwasher after it is full and use it only during nights. Use the air dry setting so that you will have the whole night to dry.
- Whenever you leave the room switch off the fan and light.
- If you are a electrician then open your meter and place a magnet above and below disc. This is a little hard way and don’t do this.
Published in: Personal Finance
comments powered by Disqus