Ten tips for earning extra money.
You might be a little stressed about the current economy and how you might make ends meet. Are your bills growing while your wages stay the same? Believe me, I know what it’s like to scramble for extra cash. Here are a several ideas to get your cash flowing.
- Trade in your old electronics for extra cash. Go to eztradein.com Here you can trade in your old electronics like desktop computers and monitors, Apple desktop, Apple notebook, Servers, Multimedia Projectors, Apple Ipod, PDA’s or Hand Held Computers, Game Systems, Home Audio Receivers, Mobile Phones, Car Audio Receivers, SLR & Professional cameras or Point & Shoot cameras.
- Earn extra income selling your stuff on ebay.com. Create an account, if you don’t already have one, and simply look at listed auctions for things you might sell. You get an idea of how much money you can sell your stuff for.
- If you are good at baking, you might consider taking orders for pies, cakes, cookies, and the like. Chances are you will be spending time in your kitchen anyway. Mention the idea to friends and co-workers for a start, or maybe post an ad on the bulletin board at WalMart or your local grocery store.
- Baby sit during prime “shopping hours” for busy parents with crazy schedules or single parents with very little free time to shop.
- If you are crafty, you can sell your wares by setting up a booth at the local county fair or fall festival. Even if you don’t sell everything you’ve made, this is an excellent opportunity to advertise, take orders for custom work and get ideas for future projects.
- If you happen to be a descent seamstress, advertise alterations. You might even offer your services to a few local department stores. For some reason all my clothes need to be let out. Hems are also a frequent necessity.
- Shop til’ ya drop. Offer a personal shopping service. Some people, though hard to imagine, procrastinate about shopping. You might choose to charge an hourly rate, especially if you are going anyway or have more than one client.
- Clean and organize. Organize closets and do the really dreaded cleaning chores for those less inclined. Everyone wants their house to look spic and span, but few really have the time or motivation to do the really tough chores like window cleaning, dusting ceilings and dust vents and cleaning closets.
- Bartend or serve for private parties. What a fun way to make some extra cash. Black outfit, corkscrew, and you are ready to serve.
- Put your phenomenal knack for decoration to good use. Decorate for others who are less fortunate, yes, the interior design challenged. You might even know someone like this.
Ok. Ready. Set. Get going toward earning some extra cash.
Published in: Personal Finance