Why spend more on fuel when you can follow proven guidelines that ensure that you save on gas. Here are 15 ways on how to save more on gas.
Here are 15 ways on how to save money on gas and maximize every liter of fuel that you buy. I am applying these tips so I am quite sure they work as I meticulously record my gas consumption and try out and see the results of my actions.
1. Change oil and oil filter as frequently as you could. I think this is the best fuel-saving approach to ensure that you save on gas. Lubrication reduces friction among engine components, thus reduced amount of gas to turn the gears as well as minimize wear and tear. Oil change ensures that the engine’s moving parts are lubricated well. Every time I have an oil and oil filter change, my car seems to breathe a new life. It runs so smoothly with less fuel.
2. Always drive using high gear. Driving in high gear ensures fuel economy since lesser engine revolutions are needed to turn the wheels thus achieve greater distance with lesser fuel. Driving at only 20 or 30 kilometers per hour will cost you more. Experts recommend at least 60 kilometers per hour.
3. Park your vehicle under a shade whenever possible. There will be increased fuel evaporation when your car is exposed to the heat of the sun. This is more so with apparently hotter climate nowadays.
4. Avoid applying the brake whenever possible. If possible, do not step on the brake if you can. The car’s momentum is lost when the brakes are applied. It pays to run your car consistently with the traffic, than speed up then brake at some point next to a slower car in front of you. It also wears your car’s brake shoe faster aside from skidding up on a slippery road.
5. Avoid rush hour traffic. Heavy traffic at 8 or 9 am when everyone rushes to work will cost you more gas as well as give you undue stress. You should either leave home early or leave late from work to avoid traffic.
6. Clean or change the air filter regularly. When not enough oxygen is delivered to the engine, some of the fuel intake in the engine will not be burned, thus wasted. It is like a clogged nose.
Published in: Personal Finance