Day to day tips for survival with the gas crisis.
Do you have a connection with your vehicle? My van has a name. I call it Diego and it’s a Dodge Caravan. I have been through a lot with Diego since I bought it in 2001 and 254530 miles later. Though recently, the most prevalent challenges we both have is driving on 0 tank of gas (according to the van’s computer).
Diego never fails to take me to the next gas station for fill-up. At times I would come home on 0 miles but the next day (after praying all night) 53 miles would show up miraculously.
We do need these small miracles from time to time with the challenges we are facing. Putting gas in our car has been a big slice of the budget these days. Here are 10 things that can help.
- Make sure your car has current maintenance issue resolved. This can easily waste gas it not done timely.
- Make sure your tires have the right measure of air in it
- Take off unnecessary weight from your car it consumes extra gas
- Plan your daily trips and errands like a route and chose streets or highways that are not congested at the time because this takes gas too
- Watch out for the cheapest price of gas in your area so when you need it you know where to go
- Join a grocery store like Kroger that gives 10 cents discount at their pump with every $100.00 purchase and regular 3 cents discount everyday.
- Buy a gift certificate from Wal-mart while you are inside to get an extra 3 cents discount at the pump.
- Confirm first all appointments before going to save on gas
- Buy a gas container that you can put some gas in that you can use when you really need it
- Don’t forget to take care of your buddy (your vehicle) and talk to it like family every now and then. That and prayer also helps.
Till then. God bless.
Published in: Personal Finance