1. Wipe out water stains on wood surfaces. Apply 2-3 tablespoons of mayonnaise on a paper towel and lay the towel over the stain, pressing lightly. Leave on for 15 minutes or longer if necessary. Wipe away excess mayonnaise and buff the stain with a cloth.
2. Remove crayon marks from furniture, floors or walls. If the children get too creative on the wood floors, try rubbing mayonnaise on the crayon marks. Let it sit for a few minutes and then wipe away with a damp cloth.
3. Whiten up piano keys by applying mayonnaise with a soft cloth. Let it sit for a few minutes, wipe off with a damp cloth.
4. Take the sticky out of stickers. Dissolve the glue on stickers by rubbing mayonnaise over the offending things. Let it sit for a few minutes and then peel off the sticker.
5. Shine up your house plant leaves. Professional florists to use this trick and you can too. Using a paper towel, rub a dab of mayonnaise on houseplant leaves to make them shiny, happy plants for weeks at a time.
6. If you child gets chewing gum in her hair, just apply some mayonnaise and it will loosen the gum so you can remove it.
7. Sometimes rings get stuck on your finger, just rub a little mayonnaise on the finger and twist the ring off.
8. Rub some mayonnaise onto the metal objects you’re polishing. Let them stand for 20 or 30 minutes before wiping off with warm water and drying with a soft cloth.
9. If you don’t have anything else to apply to a minor burn or cut, just apply a little mayonnaise to the area and after leaving it on for a few minutes you can wipe it off.
10. If you happen to have white rings or spots on your furniture, just wipe a little mayonnaise on them, let it sit for about 1 hour, then wipe it off with a soft cloth.
11. For crayon marks on wooden furniture, mayonnaise will make them disappear. Using a clean rag or finger, rub a dab of mayonnaise on the spot. Wait a minute or two, then wipe with a damp cloth. END.
Published in: Homemaking