Help with what a sample kitchen cleaning routine is.
Now let’s talk about what gets done in the rooms of your home, specifically the kitchen. In my previous article, Modern Housewives, I explained setting up a weekly schedule and listed what my week looks like. Now, I’ll go deeper and help you devise a plan of attack for each of the rooms in your own home.
My kitchen is a catch all and it drives me nuts. This room is constantly getting cleaned. My daily and weekly kitchen routing looks like this:
- Make coffee for tomorrow
- Clean the counters of clutter and wipe down
- Take care of dishes-wash/dry or unload and reload dishwasher
- Clean out the sink
- Spot clean as needed
- A monthly chore of choice if time permits
- Spot clean walls and cabinets
- Do a quick clean/straightening of drawers and cupboards
- Clean the inside and outside of trash can and disinfect
- Wipe down all appliances
- Flush drain with baking soda and vinegar(more on homemade cleaning recipes in future articles)
- Clean counters and underneath small appliances, disinfect counters
- Clean the sink and disinfect
- Go through baskets/junk drawer/catch all area for items that don’t belong
- Clean out the refrigerator
- Take stock of what’s in cupboards, fridge and freezers for meal planning
- Check over cleaning supplies and refresh as needed
- Monthly chores of choice with time permitting
Always keep in mind that you have your own needs as an individual or family unit. Don’t let my lists hinder you. Add and subtracts exactly what it is you need and want to make your home what you desire it to be. Enjoy!
Published in: Homemaking