Electricity works for dummies.
1. Device short-circuit protection (auto, cork fuses) in the apartment wiring should always be in good condition. Replacement fuses surrogates (”bugs”), even for a short time is unacceptable, because it may cause a fire wire and fire.
2. Wiring insulation, electrical, safety shields, wiring devices, cords to electrical appliances, radio and video equipment must be serviceable. Her condition must be periodically checked and repaired in a timely manner.
3. Not allowed: hang on nails wiring, metal and wooden objects, twist the wire, lay the wires and cords behind radiators, water and gas pipes, electrical wiring hung up on any items, pulling the plug on the cord; whitewash and paint the wire.
4. Driving a nail into the wall, anchors, spikes, punching holes and fissures in the apartments with hidden wiring under the plaster should be made only after determining wiring routes by special devices.
5. Cleaning of lamps and lighting fixtures from pollution and dust shall be performed at the circuit breaker with a dry cloth, standing on a conductive base.
6. Repairs to electrical appliances and equipment, wiring devices should be performed only by turning off their electricity, and repair wiring – removing a cork or disabling automatic.
7. When using lights (especially portable) devices, portable instrument can simultaneously touch the radiators, water pipes or other grounded structures.
8. In the bathrooms, toilets and other wet areas are not allowed to install switches, sockets, use plugged in electric heating appliances, portable lamps, washing machines, have no special protection, as well as the use of stationary lights without relief valves.
9. Risk of electric shock can occur: when using appliances with damaged insulation, electric open coil, when using the homemade stoves, electric heaters, while filling with water and electric kettles samovars included in the grid, when using the bare ends of wire without plug.
Published in: Homemaking