Fruit juice spills on clothes – a situation most of use are pretty familiar with. This has happened to everyone at least once.
Even if it is on your brand new shirt, there is no need to panic. We all know that a pretty ugly stain can happen and actually ruin your wear. There are some tricks to help you prevent the worse from happening.
These are some pretty useful cleaning tips, that if applied will lead to successfully removing the stain. The home cleaners in Melbourne really know all the secrets of stain removing as be it on clothes, carpets or curtains – such stains are all disastrous but professionals know how to deal with them.
1. First, read the label of your clothing. Not every type of material can be cleaned with every cleaning solution and things might even get worse. Some materials are not supposed to be washed in hot water as their fabric might change its size and shape. As none of us wants to damage the fabric even more, be sure to know what all the signs on the labels mean.
2. If the stains are found too late and they have dried out, you have to soak the area in glycerine. Then, take a glass, stretch the problematic area upon it and hold it secure. After that, run hot water through the stain. If you the stain is vanishing, run it through the laundry machine as well.
3. In case the previous step does not work. You can take a piece of lemon and scrub the stains with it. It is good to let it dry.
4. Another good way is to try cleaning the stain with vinegar. Mix it with water and soak the stain with the mixture.
5. If your cloth is white, you can bleach it.
6. If you have mixed the fruit juice with alcohol, you are in a big trouble. You do not have to wash the cloth with hot water, consult with professional cleaners.
In conclusion, the professionals from Domestic Cleaning Melbourne gave the following advice: while cleaning a juice stain do not use dryer. It won’t help to remove the stain.
Published in: Homemaking