If you would prefer not to use harsh chemicals around the home, then why not give denture tablets a try? You’ll be amazed at what they can clean and not only that – they are inexpensive as well.
- Should you have a brush/comb which has a build-up of dirt around the bristles then fill a bowl with water and two tablets then allow your brush/comb to soak overnight. The next morning run under warm water and most if not all of the build-up around the bristles should come away with ease.
- If you find you have watermarks on drinking glasses or vases then soak overnight in water with two denture tablets. Then rinse well and allow to dry naturally.
- If your toilet is a little stained then pop two denture tablets into the bowl before you go to bed and hopefully in the morning with a small scrub the stains will come away with ease.
- As net curtains get older they lose their whiteness. To regain the whiteness pop a couple of denture tablets into a bowl then pop in your nets and allow to soak for an hour or so then rinse well.
- To reguvinate stainless steel pop into a bowl of warm water with a couple of denture tablets and allow to soak for half an hour or so. Then remove and rinse well and allow to dry naturally, buff to a shine with a soft clothe.
- Have your necklaces, earrings etc lost their sparkle? Place in a glass of water then pop in a denture tablet and allow to soak. Run under fresh water and gently brush with an old toothbrush, then allow to dry naturally. For the ultimate shine rub with a soft clothe.
- Are your cups or mugs coffee/tea stained? Then fill a bowl with warm water, pop in a couple of tablets followed by the cups or mugs. Allow to soak for half an hour or so, rub the inside with a washing up sponge and the stain should just lift away. Finally rinse and dry.
- Thermos flasks are great however cleaning them and removing stains can be difficult. Simply fill with warm water, pop in two tablets and allow to stand for a while (one tablet can be used if a small flask). Swirl the water around, tip water out then rinse your stain free flask. Finally stand upside down and allow to dry completely before putting away.
- Drains can easily become blocked and again two denture tablets can come to your aid. Pop two tablets into the drain then run hot water for a couple of minutes and they should help unblock. For a clog that will not budge repeat the process.
- If your shower head is full of limescale then place two denture tablets into a bowl or jug and fill with water. Remove the shower head and place in bowl/jug overnight. In the morning replace the shower head and run the water for a couple of minutes. If the lime scale build-up is quite bad then a rub over with an old toothbrush.
If you liked these then try my other tips:
Published in: Homemaking