Peanut butter is the most popular sandwich in US according to a recent newspaper survey, but there are other things you can do with it around the house.
- Most cats and dogs love the taste of peanut butter so if you need to give your pet medication, hide the pill in peanut butter. It will be swallowed quickly and he/she will be asking for more.
- This sounds totally weird but if you don’t have soap, or oil to shave with, smooth peanut makes a great alternative
- If the kids have been making up those plastic model kits and squeezed glue onto fabrics, you can remove it by rubbing with peanut butter before washing
- Smooth peanut with unstick bubblegum and help you remove it from hair and clothing
- You can make a peanut soup with peanut butter as the base. Use ingredients for a simple vegetable soup: onions, tomatoes, potatoes, etc. and add peanut butter. This is very nutritious and will be popular with the kids.
- Bait mouse traps with peanut butter instead of cheese. Mice seem to prefer it.
- Peanut butter is nutritious and healthy for your dog. It will give strong teeth and bones, bright eyes and shiny coat. Dogs love it!
- Use peanut butter in cookie recipes as a direct replacement for butter
- Remove the sticky stuff left behind when you remove price tags by rubbing with peanut butter
- If you don’t like the smell of fried fish that seems to linger in the house long after you’ve finished cooking, add a dollop of peanut butter to the frying pan. It will absorb the smell.
Published in: Homemaking