Keep in mind that you don’t necesssarily have to not have electricity to be able to do the following.
So I just recently saw on Facebook that people were completely bored when there was no electricity. Seeing as though we now live in an era where people DEPEND on technology, we tend to forget that non-electronic activities exist. It breaks my heart to see that with a blackout, or when the Internet stops working for a day, people start freaking out and get bored right away. So, I’ve basically come up with a list of a bunch of things that you all can do when there’s no electricity.
1) You have friends (At least, I assume you do), so go socialize. Gather up, go out for a walk in the park, or something.
2) Play board games; games that everyone can enjoy. If you have non, then go to the nearest Wal-Mart, buy yourself a board game, gather your friends up – FORCE THEM IF YOU HAVE TO – and have a blast.
3) Read a book. (This would not apply to me because I fucking hate reading with a passion… Although I do have a couple exceptions)
4) Buy a rubik’s cube (Although you might be more frustrated rather than entertained)
5) Do some Origami. Remember back when you were in kindergarten and the teacher would tell you ”Okay kids. Here’s some construction paper. Make something creative.” Well, you don’t need to be in kindergarten to be able to do some artsy-fartsy stuff.
6) DRINKING GAMES!!! Man, I can’t emphasis this enough. Drinking games are always fun. (Not alone… Then again if you like to get drunk alone and play games by yourself, then shit, go for it.)
7) Friendly gambling = Card games, Bingo, etc.
You might think you’d be too old for this, but trust me, you’re NEVER too old for it. Keep in mind, though, that alcohol would probably make this game a little more fun: Blindfolded hide-n-seek. Especially in an empty room where there’s at least some space for you to move about.
9) Treasure Hunting. I saw a video about one of my sister’s best friends doing a type of ”Scavenger hunt”. Well treasure hunting is pretty much the exact same concept. Just have a treasure, or something, in the end… or you can just simply do a scavenge hunt/paper trails.
10) Practicing hobbies. If you have no hobbies, then holy shit! Fucking pick something up and play with it. I’ve personally got quite a few such as practicing magic tricks, rubik’s cubes and playing guitar. You can do those, too… I mean did you ever think ”Man… I wanna learn how to (insert hobby here)”? Well, now’s your chance.
11) Learn how to cook. It would be much easier if you had a gas-powered stove. If you have an electric stove, then go to a park when you’re permitted to do some BBQ, or something, and cook there. Make something simple: Cookies, cupcakes… ICE CREAM CAKE! FFFFUUUUU-
12) Do an obstacle course race type thing outdoors where you gather up friends and you make a race from one end to another, but having to go through a series of obstacles such as balancing an egg on a spoon, hopping on one leg while blindfolded, etc. Again, alcohol might enhance LOLs.
13) Bowling with Water bottles, or anything similar, as bowling pins. Use your imagination for what you can use as the ball.
14) Musical chair. With a battery-powered radio, of course.
15) Cleaning your room.
16) Tell ghost stories (If it’s dark. Heck, you could do this during the day if you want. Whatever floats your monkey)
17) If you have pets, play with them.
19) Making a campfire outside and roasting marshmallows.
So I’ve listed a bunch of stuff to do. I never want to hear you guys say ”No electricity. I’m bored.” ever again.
Published in: Home