Do you ever wonder why you spend so much money buying commercial gel scent air fresheners?
Gel scents are easy to make, and you can tailor them to suit your personal taste. You can even make them for every season by changing up the essential oil and added decorations.
Are you the type of person that likes to decorate your home for the different seasons? Do you buy tablecloths or doilies for your coffee table? Why not make the perfect gel scent air freshener the whole family will love.
Things you will need:
- Food Coloring
- Liquid potpourri
- Essential oil
- Unflavored gelatin
- Measuring cup
- Flowers and Ribbons Optional
- Heat 3/4 cup of water or liquid potpourri to boiling.
- Stir in 1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin until dissolved.
- Take off the heat and add 1/4 cold water or liquid potpourri. Stir.
- Add the food coloring a few drops at a time until attaining the desire color.
- Add the essential oil; this step is going to vary depending if you used water or liquid potpourri. I have done it both ways. 1 teaspoon of oil will do nicely, if you start with potpourri. This can be an inexpensive dollar store kind. If you are starting with water, start with 1-tablespoon essential oil and see if the scent is strong enough to suit your taste. I like the lighter scents so you may want more.
- Pour into your clean containers.
- Add some flowers for a different look. Cool your flowers by putting them in the refrigerator while the gel is dissolving. Also, let your mixture cool down a bit. If you do not your flowers will be cooked and look awful.
- Gel Scent Air Fresheners will set up at room temperature, however if you are in a hurry you can put it in the refrigerator, although your food might be scented too.
- Gel Scent Air Fresheners make great gifts.
Published in: Home