Plaster of Paris powder
Ultramarine blue dye
Enemeled mug or cup
1. Clean and lubricate molds with Acrosin and mustard oil for easy release of chalk. (It is important to prepare molds ahead of time time in order not to waste chalk mixture.)
2. Pour a measured amount of water into a basin, slowly adding Plaster of Paris powder. Mix until a thick solution is formed. You may add little amount of blue dye to water to break yellowish color to Plaster of Paris powder. (Always add Plaster of Paris Powder to the water, do not add water to powder.) This mixture will settle in 10mins in molds.
3. Pour mixture into molds using a cup or mug and filling molds with mixture. chalk mixture must be poured into molds without creating air bubbles.
4. Allow mixture to settle for at least 15 mins before removing carefully from aluminum molds.
Drying and packing
1. Sun-dry chalk sticks on strays for a day for sticks to harden. Colored chalk sticks, however, must be dried at shade to preserve their color.
2. Carefully pack dried chalk stick in small boxes with sawdust
as kalasikas to avoid breakage.
Published in: Home