Housing trends, like those in the fashion industry, change with the times depending on our priorities.
But let’s face it; it’s a lot easier (and cheaper) to keep up with the fashion trends of each season than remodeling your house. But don’t despair, there are inexpensive and easy ways to have a stylish home.
- Paint. Paint is by far the most economical update you can make to your home. A fresh coat of paint in fresh new neutral color or even something a bit more daring, will make you feel like you’re walking into a brand new room. Like clothing fashion, colours that are on trend in your home change overtime. The pale blue you chose for your bedroom several years ago may no longer be quite the right shade. Plus a good coat of paint makes everything feel fresher.. it’s that ‘new car smell’ mentality.
- Prints, photographs and frames. Switch out the prints or pictures on your walls for something different.
- Plants. You don’t have to have a green thumb to add a houseplant or two to your home’s décor. The greenery will give a fresh new appearance to the room and remove allergens from the air. Plants are like bringing in your own bit of fresh air.
- Drawer and cupboard handles are sometimes a quick way to modernising the look of your kitchen. If you’re into vintage or antique styles, there are some great online websites that sell handles at a great price.
- Flooring. Not quite replacing door handles but updating the carpet in your home and replacing floors with timber or floating floors is undoubtedly a great way to not only modernize the look of your home but add value. It’s not cheap, but this can easily be justified as maintenance and upkeep. Eliminating the carpet will eliminate the host for countless allergens, dirt and debris that gets trapped between the rug and the surface underneath.
- Appliance updates. Sleek lines and custom features aren’t just for cars anymore. Australians prefer modern lines, in their kitchen appliances and fixtures. Stainless steel rather than the color coordinated models are the appliances of choice for new home builders and those remodeling and updating their home.
- A home theatre. Very few homes are being built in Australia these days that don’t have home theatres. Yes, a room devoted to the home theatre-seating and all. Larger homes with four or more bedrooms (that aren’t all being used anymore) can easily be ‘fitted’ with a theatre system.
- Low-maintenance yards. Landscaped, but easily maintained.
- Outdoor entertainment option. More and more new homes are being built with an Alfresco porch/room for outdoor entertaining or personal relaxation.
These are just a few of the ways you can update the look and feel of your home; making it fresh and new. Most can be done in a weekend and many are DIY projects-saving you even more money.
If you’re looking for help with your projects, a great resource to locate quality builders in Australia and building suppliers are the builder directories that are operated in each state of Australia. You can locate flooring installation companies, landscapers, home appliance people, interior designers to help and of course Builders if you decide to go for a complete home remodeling. Go to www.perthbuilderdirectory.com.au for Perth Building Suppliers , www.melbournebuilderdirectory.com.au for Melbourne Building Suppliers , www.sydneybuilderdirectory.com.au for Sydney Building Suppliers , www.brisbanebuilderdirectory.com.au for Brisbane Building Suppliers and www.adelaidebuilderdirectory.com.au for Adelaide Building Suppliers.
Published in: Home Improvement