Easy Steps on How to Paint Furniture.
Summer is here once again and what better way to enjoy summer than doing some do-it-yourself home projects. Some may have gardening or landscaping in mind as their summer activity, while others prefer making crafts. But there is another exciting way to spend summer – painting furniture pieces. As you look around, you may have already noticed your old pair of chairs sitting at your porch that needs to be painted. Or perhaps there is a huge table on your garage that had already tarnished its color. Sure, you can ask someone to do the painting for you, but it may cost you a fortune. Instead, you can save some few bucks and have it paint your way.
Easy Steps on How to Paint Furniture
Painting furniture may be daunting and cumbersome at first if you do not have the basic know-how. But once you learn the easy steps on how to paint furniture items, you may probably end up painting every furniture item at home! Here are the basic steps of painting furniture.
1. Use primer especially for metal furniture.
2. Use paper sand for stripping off the furniture until you achieve a sealed finish. Some use their bare hands while sanding. But a growing number of people prefer to use iron-shaped hand sander.
3. Before painting the furniture, make sure that it adheres to the surface of the furniture.
4. There are no short-cuts on painting furniture. Sure, there may be tips over the internet for quicker way to paint your furniture. But the key element in doing so is being thorough. Make sure that you do not leave any single part of the furniture unpainted. If you are painting a cabinet, make sure to remove each drawer and pain them all thoroughly.
5. Choose the right paint for your furniture. You may probably have a misconception that the more expensive the paint is, the better. But this is not always the case. Hardware staff has better knowledge about the kind of paint suitable for your furniture. Just tell them your piece of furniture and they will assist you on the best type of paint for your furniture. You can also choose the shade of paint that you want.
6. Use only quality brushes.
7. Painting may be a burdensome job because you need to repaint it again. The adequate time that you need to wait before applying a second coat can stretch up to another day! So just but patient in order to come up with the best result. Do not rush your paint job!
By painting some old furniture pieces, you will without a doubt make your summer a fun-filled season!
Published in: Home Improvement