Bedrooms are the Ideal place for Rest, peace and most of all a good nights rest. Comfort however, comes with a price tag. Here, I have highlighted some basics and key pointers to bear in mind while choosing your bedspreads and making your comfort zone as cozy as possible.
- Bed Linen Fabric: While silk can be expensive, cotton bed sheets and bedspreads are a cheap yet comfortable alternative while choosing your bed linen. You can top this with a woolen bedspread, blanket or cushions to add extra warmth in winter. Dark colors during winter can be used where as lighter pastel shades of colors are preferred by many in summer and spring. Bear in Mind though that darker shades tend to minimize the light in the room, making it appear smaller whereas lighter pastel shades add more space to any given room be it your cushions on a recliner or couch or your pillow covers in your bedroom.
- Tidiness: Sheets neatly and tightly tucked beneath mattress allows carefree movement in sleep without one having to bother about the bed sheets being scattered and unnecessary folds on the bed space. If possible always make the bedrooms appear cozy and comfortable by making the beds first thing in the morning. Once done, you can even opt for a short afternoon nap in bed. The sight of a well made bed attracts people to its comfort and warmth.
- Airing: During the day, you should opt to leave your windows or balconies open to allow in some natural breeze air. During summer and spring, this can bring in the freshness and natural aromas of the seasons. Alternatively you can also hang your bedspreads out in open air for some time in the early mornings and afternoons.
- Lights: Lights in the bedroom need not always be bright. For some people who have writing desks in their bedrooms also prefer bright light fixtures for easy reading and writing tasks. In the nights however, switch off the lights and light the lamps. This will help somebody sleep quickly without being disturbed. Strong Lights within a bedroom during sleep time can irritate, disturb or awaken one during the night.
- Solitude: Bedrooms once cleaned and vacuumed need to be left alone throughout the day. Try not to venture much into this part of the house. Besides letting in fresh air in the day-time also make the sure the room is well-conditioned or ventilated during night-times. Sweating at nights due to improper ventilation and heat can also disturb someone during sleep.
- Night-lamps and candles- Sometimes you may wish to use fragranced candles in the rooms to induce sleep or peace. Ideally place your Meditating Cd’s, candles and night-lamps away from your bed-side tables, away from the bed- linen. Also make sure to blow out these candles when retiring to bed to avoid any hazards.
With just a few pointers, you can ideally transform your room into the best comfort zones in your house and anticipate a good night’s rest.
Published in: Home Improvement