12 easy things to do to save money.
Saving money is easier than it sounds. It’s always good have money saved up just in case anything should go wrong. Car breaks down, washer needs fixed, window mysteriously gets broken; it’s good to be prepared for anything. If you’re planning on buying a house or a new car it’s always better to have a good down payment. The best way to achieve this is by saving your money. Here are 12 tips to help you save your money.
1. Cheap Groceries – Don’t feel ashamed shopping at Dollar General or Save-a-lot. Try buying just enough food to make it to the next pay check if not more. Find coupons that you will use. Buying items just because you have a coupon for it will not save you money if it sits in your cupboard till it goes bad.
2. Save Gas – Gas is way too expensive to be wasting. To increase miles per gallon make sure your tires are pumped up to the right PSI, replace dirty air filters, try keeping your windows rolled up to prevent drag, and don’t drive like a maniac. Walking or riding a bike, of course, will also save gas. It’s also healthy.
3. Cheap Car – Is it really necessary to have a new 2010 anything? Yes it would be nice and if you have the money for it, have at it. But, all you really need is a reliable car to get you from point A to point B.
4. Save change – Saving change adds up quicker than you would think. Unless you pay for everything with a card you should get a lot of change. Save your change for maybe a month, you will be surprised what you end up with.
5. Garage Sales – Getting rid of your old stuff gives you more room and more money in your pocket. Going to garage sales is also beneficial. Try to have an idea of what you’re looking for when you go to a garage sale, chances are, everything will be cheap. The newspaper and Craig’s List is also a good place to look for something you want. It’s almost the same as a garage sale, just on a larger scale.
Published in: Home Improvement