Canna Flowers are very pretty for any flower garden. Sharing flower bulbs and seeds with family and friends make a great way to add variety and color to your flowerbed. Given to us were some Canna bulbs that were the tall red variety. There different varieties and sizes of Canna flowers therefore, when shopping for Canna bulbs, pay attention to the details they can come in dwarf or tall plants. When deciding where you want to plant what flower type, choose the correct one.
According to meaningfulwedding.com Canna flower means, “Canna (Flowering Reed): Confidence in the heavens”
This will show you how to plant the Canna flower bulbs.
- Canna Bulbs
- Bucket of Water
- Gardening Gloves
- First thing to do is soak the bulbs in a bucket of water to hydrate them. You want your flowers to have the best possible chance to survive and grow.
Dig your holes approximately 6 inches deep.
- Put the bulbs in the holes making sure it is sprout up.
- Cover the bulbs starting by putting in some loose dirt around the bulb making sure it is still sprout side up. Then cover the hole well.
- Pat down firmly the dirt on the hole.
- Give your newly planted canna bulb plenty of water. We planted 9 bulbs so my husband gave each newly planted bulb a shot of water and then went back to give them another drink.
When you have beautiful flowers such as Canna’s; share some of the flower seeds or bulbs with your family and friends. Trading is a great way to build up your flowerbeds for little cost.
If your goal is to plant flowers you like great, however, for flowers names for kids don’t include Canna.
Published in: Gardening