Vermi compost is an organic manure is a balanced nutrient source for plants and Contains macro-nutrients, humic acid, synthesized enzymes, growth hormones, antibiotics and vitamins. It is non toxic & Eco-friendly.
The process where worms are used in order to break down unprocessed, natural and decomposing materials is known as vermi composting. The purpose of worm composting is to help the daily conversion of household wastes into compost that is packed with nutrients and being raised in order to make money. But apart from selling and making profit, there are several other benefits that one can avail from vermi composting.
Benefits Availed from Vermi Composting
· When you opt for using vermi culture, you can surely expect that you will be reaping the optimum organic stuff. Vermi compost is a completely natural process as the earthworms survive on materials that are untreated and whole. They originate directly from your yard or kitchen. They have the ability to turn the stems of uncooked vegetables, dried leaves, newspaper strips, and crushed eggshells into humus.
· One of the most important benefits derived from vermi composting is that it enables to produce a fertilizer that is natural and can be put to use instantly for the plants and soil of your garden. Plants supplemented by worm poop will surely increase in growth and can be prevented from the harmful effects of pests. This happens because it performs the function of a natural pesticide. There is no doubt in the fact that the same result can be achieved by using chemical fertilizers, but excessive use of them is bound to have adverse effects on the health of the plants. Extra application of chemical fertilizer can also ruin the soil’s structure.
· The fact that vermi composting ensures that the nutrients and the moisture of the soil are retained is one of the most remarkable benefits of vermi composting. A soil which is healthy will make sure that the plants which grow on them are also strong and healthy. A soil that is healthy and has the ability to absorb necessary elements can offer them to the plants with a lot of ease and in quick time. Besides, it will also provide a lot of help in improving the porosity and drainage, and its immunity against all sorts of erosions like those which originate from water or strong winds.
· No matter you opt for indoor or outdoor vermi composting, you should be aware of the fact that there are numerous microbes and beneficial bacteria present in the compost. Since it has a very different composition, the plant disease too is prevented from affecting the plants by the microorganisms. Plus, the harmful effects that can be caused by pests are also avoided.
· Another very important advantage of using vermi compost is that it causes no damage to the plant roots. Unlike the chemical fertilizers, these are not required to be used in an excessive amount. Even if you do use it excessively, you can stay assured that the plants will not be suffering from any harmful effect.
So, it can be concluded that vermi compost is one of the safest and most effective way of improving the strength of the plants and the soil.
Published in: Gardening