Garden lattices can be fanciful, decorative or serve as useful purposes. Garden lattice can be used as a wall section of the garden or used as shady areas in gardens. Garden lattice can also provide shade to the plants & privacy in one bedroom. A garden gate is often used with the intention to protect certain areas, to keep kids or pets out of trouble, for keeping away possible intruders, or simply for privacy.
A garden lattice always gives an added look when surrounded by colorful blooms & large stone bench. Garden gate is an added advantage when built with the garden lattice. A garden trellis is a lattice work to support plants.
Garden arbor structures offer versatility to your home’s property in several ways.
If one wishes to make the bedroom as a sunny garden look, one has to make his own garden lattice headboard from a prefabricated lattice panels. Garden lattice is easy to work with, lightweight & simple to accessorize. One can stain it, paint it, white to give a garden lattice look or paint it to match your room décor. One can also decorate the garden lattice, as the headboard or the garden lattice will make the bedroom more bright & fresh on even the darker days.
Things You’ll Need:
- Measuring tape
- Garden lattice, 2-foot wide
- Woodworking goggles
- Hand or circular saw
- Lattice cap molding
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Paint (optional)
- Paintbrush or paint sprayer (optional)
- Stud finder
- 4 #8 (2-1/2-inch) wood screws
1.To start with one has to measure the width of the bed with the help of measuring tape. Then measure the section of garden lattices the same as the width of bed. Garden lattice are sold in 8ft panels which are 2feet or 4feet wide. For this garden lattice headboard one has to use 2-foot wide garden lattice so when turned on its side it is as long as your bed width.
2.The next procedure is to cut a piece of cap mounding 1inch longer than the wide strip of wood which has groove cut from its underside this will give the garden lattice U shape. This slips over the exposed edges of the garden lattice, giving them a finished look. On your garden lattice headboard, slide the cap molding over the long edge. Adjust this molding hangs of the garden lattice by ½ inch. Repeat for the other long edge.
3. Now measure the distance between the top & bottom moldings where the hangover. Next is to cut a piece of molding to the length & slip it into the short edge of the garden lattice, so that it fits between the over hanged moldings. Repeat the other short edge.
4. Apply glue to the cap moldings with the hot glue gun & allow it to dry.
5. Stain or paint the garden lattice headboard. & also allow it to dry.
6. Use the stud finder to locate adjacent studs in the wall behind the bed. Make pencil mark on the wall 4ft above the floor. By using the straight line draw a faint line & connect t h e two marks. Use the line & level it until it is perfectly horizontal.
7. Line up the head board with the line drawn & centre it over the two studs. Now mark on the top of the horizontal molding strip & make two marks on the bottom one, on each end of the strips, above the tuds indicating where the screws will be used. Fasten the garden lattice headboard to the wall using one screw at each mark, two in the top molding & two in the bottom.
A garden gate might be a small detail in itself. But it can definitely be highly practical in operation as well as a decorative addition to the garden lattice.
Published in: Gardening