There are many alternatives to fertility…follow a holistic path and increase your chances of getting pregnant.
We spend our early twenties trying not to get pregnant and then when we finally decide to get pregnant we quickly realise that it is not as easy as we thought. The average time it takes to get pregnant is 6-12 months. This is a time that is filled with uncertainty, each month we get more and more disappointed that it has not happened yet, fearing the worst “am I infertile”
At this very moment there are many woman struggling to get pregnant, you may be in your late thirties or early forties and think that you are to old, or maybe you have been diagonosed as infertile or unable to have a baby or just maybe you are not having any luck. Well I am here to tell you that for the majority of you, you can and you will get pregnant. It may just require you to take a more holistic path and get in tune with your body. The real truth is that so long as you care, nurture and nourish your body – there will be very little stopping you from getting pregnant. And if you think your to old, please know this – your body reflects how you live, eat and think, if you nurture yourself – chances are that your body is much healthier and stronger than a woman in her mid twenties that does not take care of herself.
I am going to share with you some simple tips that you should start to consider which have been proven to increase the percent of getting pregnant.
1. Know, understand and record your menstrual cycle. Track it on an app or in a diary.
2. Keep stress levels really low
3. Practice yoga
4. Know when you ovulate
5. Don’t save sex for when your just ovulating – practice sex four times a week no matter what.
6. Supplement your diet with prenatal vitamins
7. Use acupunture and accupressure – they have a 70 percent success rate
8. See a chinese docter or naturapath for some fertility herbs and tonics
9. Eat a healthy diet full of wholefoods – some fertile foods include eggs, avocadoes, oils and walnuts.
10 Exercise regularly – not stressful exercise – keep to exercises that you enjoy
11. Get plenty of shut eye – 8 hours is recommended
12. Avoid chemicals and toxins in your home – these are found in household cleaners and cosmetics.
13. Write your own affirmation for pregnancy and say it three times every morning – my favourite is “I am taking care of my body and mind, providing a loving and nourishing place to welcome my baby”
14. Avoid coffee and smoking
15.Nurture your mind-body connection. Sign up to my free Eat, Pray, Love Course and start anytime.
I hope this has helped you a little, there are many resources available to you on the internet, in books, on DVDS and through friends and family. Good luck on your fertility journey and creating a nourishing temple for your new baby.
|Discover How Lisa Olson, a nutritionist, health consultant and former infertility sufferer who thought she was infertile got pregnant at age 43|
You might also like:
Published in: Family