How do we find the time?
Time is just something that nobody seems to have enough of in the modern world, and unfortunately it is often our friends who have to suffer as a result of this. Although we might try our best to see each other as much as possible, things always tend to happen to mean that they get cancelled so we don’t get the chance to meet up as much as we should. This article should help you to find the time.
- Keep a diary. If you write everything down that you need to do as soon as you get the appointments, you should never find that you have to cancel things because of clashes of schedule. If you and your entire friendship group keep a diary then it is easy to find a day that suits everyone. Some diaries are available online where more than one person can add things to the calendar, and this means that it’s easy to see at a glance when the most people are free.
- Agree on expectations. When you have friends, some would like to meet up once a week, while others are happy just to meet up a couple of times each year. Whichever is the case for you, it is important that you try your best to accommodate everyone.
- Remember that not everyone needs to meet up at the same time. If you are in a big group of friends and getting together is just impossible, then I am sure that some of the friends wouldn’t mind if two or three of you went out for lunch on a day when they were both free.
- Think of different things to do. Although you might not all be able to go out for the whole day for example, you might be able to get the evening off to go and see a film at the cinema and then go for a quick drink after it. This doesn’t take up too much time but yet you would still get to see everyone that you wanted to.
- Sort out childcare. If you all have children, then your partners could take it in turns to look after all of them while you went out for the night. You could do the same thing for them of course when they go out. This means that you don’t have to worry about getting child care which would cost money, and you can rest safe in the knowledge that they were with somebody who you could trust.
- Don’t be resentful when somebody doesn’t have the time. Everybody goes through busy times in their life, and just because they might not have met up with you for over a year doesn’t mean that you’re not still important to them. Sometimes life really does take over, and it’s amazing how quickly the time goes when that happens.
Published in: Family