Teenagers are more courageous. They want their privacy, they want more freedom to venture things because they are big enough to do so. There are many ways to take care in order for them to achieve success and happiness.
You think that taking care of teens is hard but if you know what is the real value of love and respect, it’s easy for you to take care of them.
- Become a role model. Being a role model to your teen is a great influence on teen’s life. A hard worker, patient, understanding, kind, gentle, consistent in what you say and communicate well are valuable attitudes that teens consider most. Showing your virtue makes a home peaceful, warm, accepting, safe and secure.
- Build Their Confidence. Send them to sports that interest them. Teach them academically so they’ll know the value of studying. They need to interact with their fellow students and teachers. So, they may enjoy life with friends and adults. Believe in what they can do to make them proud of themselves.
- Spend Time. Always give time by watching a movie together. Maybe, spend time to go for a shopping or have some meal in a known restaurants. Show your teen that you can be a friend to him. Do that at least once a week even though you have a hectic schedule.
- Be a Part of his life. One way of doing this is to know more about him like knowing his friends, his favorites, his dislikes and everything that you have to know about him. Also, be honest to talk to him about yourself. Let him know your friends, your disappointments in life, your favorites, what happened during your early years, your success, your ups and downs and everything about you also. It makes a good interaction between the two of you. If he needs help, you will always be the first one to know. Moreover, he will not keep secrets from you.
- Tell him how much you love him. If you have a chance to tell it everyday even through letters or through singing, much better. Hearing pleasant thoughts make us feel better and more resilient.
- Ask For Suggestions and Opinions. Since they are grown ups, they need to know about family matters. Ask them for any suggestions and opinions. It’s a big advantage for them because they can easily interact with adults.
- Touch Your Teen. Even if your teen is big enough to hug, still hug and kiss him. It will lower the risks they take when they look for any physical contact.
- Emotional Success plays an important role in teen’s life. Their emotional strength and confidence make it easy for them to figure out what is wrong and what is right. Always open good communication because it is a great assistance to achieve emotional success.
Published in: Family