How to make a working homemade fire extinguisher.
Several years ago when I was in high school, I built a homemade fire extinguisher for my school science fair. It worked fine and I won the science fair.
All you need is:
- Baking soda
- Something to hold them in like a large jar
- Towel paper
- Fill the jar a third of the way up with vinegar.
- Create a pouch with the towel paper by folding the corners in to hold the baking soda.
- Poke a hole in the lid of the jar.
- Fill your pouch with baking soda and tape that to the lid.
All you need to do is shake the jar and point it at a fire. If you want to test it out, test it outside for safety reasons. This fire extinguisher works because the reaction creates carbon dioxide and water which are two things that put out fire.
Published in: Do-It-Yourself