Make this simple, effective moisturizer in a pinch or any time you need an inexpensive, high-quality body butter.
You may be surprised to learn that you already have most of the ingredients you need for a highly effective, all-natural moisturizer in your kitchen cupboards. Vegetable shortening makes an excellent base for your own homemade body butter.
All you have to do is follow these simple instructions:
- A storage container with a lid.
- Vegetable shortening (such as Crisco)
- Essential oils of choice
- A fork for easy blending
Image via Wikipedia
- Add one to two cups of vegetable shortening to your storage container.
- Add 10 drops of a single essential oil or any combinatin, such as the following: Lavender, rosemary, geranium, lemongrass, sage or patchouli.
- Thoroughly whip the ingredients with a fork.
- Your body butter moisturizer is ready for use.
- Store this moisturizer in a cool dark place.
Published in: Do-It-Yourself