Learn how to make your own safe, natural underarm deodorant. This recipe is easy and adjustable.
Many people are allergic to commercial underarm deodorants. Fortunately, you can make an effective, all-natural deodorant, at home in your own kitchen. It is very easy to do. Once you have mastered this simple recipe, you can vary the scents to suit your personal taste.
For the basic recipe, you will need the following: A 12-ounce spray bottle, distilled water, Vodka, alum powder and sage essential oil.
- Add 9 ounces of distilled water and 2 ounces of Vodka to the bottle.
- Add 15 drops of sage oil.
- Add one to two tbsp. of alum powder.
- You can add different essential oils to this basic recipe to make your own distinctive scented deodorant.
- For women, try adding 15 drops each of lavender and rosemary essential oils.
- For men, add 15 drops of neroli and 15 drops of sandalwood.
When experimenting, it is best to avoid citrus oils or oils like basil, that are potential skin irritants.
Shake this deodorant formula before each use. When it is stored in a cool, dark place, it has a shelf-life of approximately two years.
This deodorant is safe for most people. Alum is the main active ingredient, followed by sage oil. Vodka is used as a preservative.
Published in: Do-It-Yourself