Make a fun toy, the slingshot.
- A “Y” shaped stick. (or something else “Y” shaped but it has to be sturdy.)
- A thick and stretchy elastic band. (this will be cut so try to get a long one.)
- 2 normal rubber bands.
- A piece of leather. (approx 5cm by 5cm)
- Get the piece of leather and fold it in half to form a rectangle
- Get the scissors and make 2 slits around the width of the thick rubber band 1cm from the edges. Don’t cut off any leather. Make sure the edges you cut are the shorter side of the rectangle and the cuts go through to the other side.
- Cut the rubber band so you get one long piece. Thread it through the 2 cuts. Make sure you thread behind the leather as well.
- Attach one side of the rubber band at the top of the forks on the “Y” shaped stick with another rubber band. Then do the same with the other side of the band except attach it to the other fork of the stick.
- You have completed your slingshot
Published in: Do-It-Yourself
comments powered by Disqus