Vinegar uses has been very common in China for over 2000 years.
Vinegar uses has been very common in China for over 2000 years. It was one of the seven must-haves in the Chinese kitchen, namely firewood, rice, oil, salt, soy sauce, vinegar and tea. Vinegar actually has a large number of uses and it is this article’s purpose to introduce the top ten on the list.
1. Get rid of bugs and fruit flies: When washing vegetables for food, add one tablespoon of vinegar to the water, the bugs will be removed. In gardening, instead of using poisonous insecticides, mix two cups of water with two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar, and a few drops of dish soap. Spray the solution onto your crops.
2. Vinegar uses on pet care: Pour one teaspoon of vinegar into half a liter of water, clean your pet with it to keep it flea free. This amount is good enough for a 40-pound animal. To neutralize pet odors, mix one part of white vinegar with three parts of water. Pour the mixture on the stained areas.
3. Microwave oven cleaner: Add a ¼ cup of vinegar and one cup of water to a large bowl. Heat the mixture for three minutes. Dip a paper towel into the mixture and wipe the inside of the oven clean. This use of vinegar will remove even stubborn food splatters.
4. Drains cleaner: Pour half a cup of baking soda in the drain, followed by the same amount of vinegar. They will disinfect and deodorize the drain. Use this vinegar formula once a month to keep drains in perfect conditions.
5. Refrigerator cleaner: To remove unpleasant odors from the refrigerator, first rinse the compartments with soap and water. Next spray the surfaces with full-strength distilled white vinegar and wipe them down with a piece of damp cloth or sponge. Lastly, put baking soda into some containers and place these inside the fridge. Close the door and leave it for a few days.
6. Vinegar uses on glass: Mix vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:3 and wipe the house or car windows for the night to prevent frost from forming.
7. Vinegar uses on shoes: Wipe the dust and dirt from your leather shoes. Put on a right amount of shoe polish. Add 2-3 drops of vinegar before brushing. The leather will become shinier and the glow will remain longer.
8. Kill grass in sidewalks: If you are bothered by grass growing in cracks on your driveways, kill it by pouring full strength distilled white vinegar on it.
9. Vinegar uses for hair care: To get rid of dandruff, mix vinegar and water in the ratio of 1:1. Dampen the dandruff areas with the solution. Leave it on the hair for 10 minutes. Rinse with clean water. To add brightness and glint to dry hair, bleach it with water mixed with a small amount of vinegar after shampoo. Leave the mixture on the hair for 20 minutes before rinsing.
10. Vinegar-and-egg mask: Immerse a fresh egg in vinegar for 72 hours. Break the egg and separate the white from the yolk. Put the egg white on the face, leave dry then rinse with water. Apply the procedure twice a week and see the skin tightened and softened.
Experiment with the wonderful vinegar uses today. Enjoy!
Published in: Cooking