Just a simple Coffee Cake.
2 c. light brown sugar
2 c. flour
3/4 c. shortening
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. hot coffee
1 tsp. soda
1. Mix sugar, flour and shortening until lumpy. Do not mix until creamy.
2. Take out 1 cup for topping.
3. Dissolve soda in hot coffee and add to the flour mixture.
4. Also add egg and vanilla.
5. Spread on sheet pan 9×12x2 inch and sprinkle on topping. This is a thin batter.
6. Bake at 325-350 degrees approximately 30 minutes.
7. Sprinkle with powdered sugar after baked. Enjoy!
Published in: Cooking