This is a old fashioned carrot cake that comes from my grandmother. It is classic yet delicious, and is one definitely worth trying!
Ingredients for cake:
3 cups grated carrot
3 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup pineapple chunks
2 tsp cinnamon powder
1 1/2 cup oil
Pinch of salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Ingredients for Icing:
1 box cream cheese
1/2 block butter (around 200g) (room temp, cubed)
2 cups icing sugar
1) Preheat oven to 180c, grease a round cake pan.
2) Sift dry ingredients in a bowl, except sugar.
3) Mix sugar, eggs, oil, pineapple chunks in a large bowl. Beat after each addition.
4) Add remaining dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5) Beat well with an electrical beater on low speed for 2 minutes. Pour batter into pan.
6) Bake for around 35-40 minutes, or when toothpick comes out clear.
7) To make icing, beat cream cheese and buter first, to form a fluffy paste. Then add sugar and beat until ideal consistency is reached.
Cool the cake, and ice.
NC Family Recipes
Published in: Cooking