Who dont like a big slice of cheesecake.
Pumpkin Toffee Cheesecake
1-3/4 cups (about 14 to 16 cookies) crushed toffee shortbread cookies
4 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
3 packages (8-oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
1 can (15-oz.) Pure Pumpkin
2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz can) Evaporated Milk
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (about 35 to 40 candies) chopped or crushed toffee candies, divided
1 cup (8-oz. container) sour cream, at room temperature
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 caramel ice cream topping (optional)
1. PREHEAT oven to 350F.
2. For crust combine cookie crumbs and butter in small bowl.
3. Press onto bottom and 1-inch up side of 9-inch spring form pan.
4. Bake for 6 to 8 minutes (do not allow to brown). Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes.
5. For cheesecake beat cream cheese and brown sugar in large mixer bowl at medium speed until creamy.
6. Add pumpkin, eggs, evaporated milk, cornstarch and cinnamon; beat well.
7. Stir in 1/3 cup toffee pieces. Pour into crust.
8. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes or until edge is set but center still moves slightly.
9. Remove from oven and top with 1/3 cup toffee pieces.
10. For topping combine sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract and remaining toffee pieces in small bowl; mix well.
11. Spread over surface of warm cheesecake.
12. Bake for 8 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
13. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
14. Remove side of spring form pan.
Published in: Cooking