A dish for all occasions.
You will need
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (4 ounce) jar pimento-stuffed green olives, drained and finely chopped
1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
½ cup saltine cracker crumbs
2 cups chopped pecans
Chopped fresh parsley
This recipe requires about an hour and thirty minutes – but it is well worth the wait!
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, pineapple, green olives, green pepper, onion, cracker crumbs and 1 cup of the chopped pecans. Mix ingredients together.
2. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
3. Shape into a ball.
4. Roll in the remaining pecans and the chopped parsley.
5. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill until serving.
6. Serve with an assortment of crackers. Enjoy!
Published in: Cooking