Oreo Balls, Chocolate Balls…whatever you call them they are amazing and here is the recipe.
1 bar 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
1 package of Oreos
1-2 packages of Baker’s Semi Sweet Chocolate
Large Mixing Bowl
Deep microwave safe bowl for dipping (I use a 5 cup glass measuring cup)
Cookie trays (2)
Parchment papers (to line cookie trays)
1. Crush Oreos in food processor and put in mixing bowl.
2. Add softened cream cheese to crushed Oreos. If the cream cheese has not been softened the mixture will not come together easily. Use a spoon or better yet your hands and turn into a dough consistency.
3. Shape Oreo mixture into balls and place on parchment paper lined cookie trays. You can make the balls whatever size you would like. You can even make them different sizes. I usually make mine about 1 to 1/2 inch around.
4. Put trays in refrigerator for at least 1 and 1/2 hours.
5. When balls are ready. Heat Bakers chocolate according to package…keep checking a mixing the chocolate. I usually do a little at a time and then wash my chocolate bowl out and start over when chocolate is gone.
6. Dip the chocolate balls into the melted chocolate using spoon. Make sure they are covered. I like to cover mine heavily. Then pull the ball out of the melted chocolate, let drip and place back on cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. There may be extra chocolate around ball. Don’t worry about it you can pull it off later. It takes some practice to get them perfect.
7. Place back in refrigerator for 2 hours and they will be ready.
I go to the craft store and by the candy boxes they have and make gifts with these chocolates. Everyone loves them.
Make sure if you are serving them at a party to make anyone with nut allergies aware because there is a warning on the Oreo package.
Published in: Cooking