As the holidays and New Year’s Eve approach, thoughts turn to formal fashions and party dresses to ring in 2012 in style.
The holidays always sparkle with exciting possibilities. Step this feeling up a notch as New Year’s Eve approaches and everyone makes plans to ring in 2012 in style. Whether you go to a formal event or a laid back party, start the New Year looking your best.
Frugal fashionistas purchase holiday wear that does double duty for New Year’s Eve. Those with a more generous budget might choose something red or green for the holidays but want to wear silver, gold or black for New Year’s Eve. Some of the hottest looks to slip into as you celebrate 2012 include:
- the colors to choose this season include metallics such as gold, silver and bronze as well as rich hues including wine, teal and deep turquoise – as always, black is a timeless a classic;
- strapless and single shoulder designs are in vogue with a sheer beaded cardigan tossed over your shoulder in tones of beige and white;
- soft materials are essential including silk, satin, and polished polyester with velvet or lace trim;
- accessories to make your look sparkle include black diamonds, chocolate diamonds and white diamonds or pearl and turquoise accents;
- stretch rings with oversize simulated stones add a touch of glamour to the simplest evening dress; and
- high heeled shoes and ballet flats are top selections for footwear.
According to Helen Terzyan of Hollywood’s Elegant Mart, “New Year’s Eve is filled with incredible evening wear possibilities this year. Ring in 2012 with a touch of old-fashioned Hollywood charm remniscent of vintage movies stars with diamonds, lace and jewel toned evening dresses.”
Skirts of all lengths are fashionable, based on your preferences. If you want to bring back the look of Hollywood, slip into a long skirt with a train. Sensational short cocktail dresses are an ideal way to show off long, shapely legs.
Published in: Cooking