Gordon Ramsay hosts Kitchen Nightmares and goes into failing restaurants to pinpoint their problems and fix them. While the show is supposed to be quite serious, I think Kitchen Nightmares is pure comedy. In fact Kitchen Nightmares is the funniest reality show on television.
I have come to the conclusion that Kitchen Nightmares has to be the funniest reality show on television. The show is hosted by Chef Gordon Ramsay, who goes into a different failing restaurant, during each show, to identify their problems and correct them.
Each episode of Kitchen Nightmares, almost always starts the same, Gordon Ramsay orders a few dishes off the menu and assesses whether they are good or not. The dishes usually don’t pass the test, in fact, a few times he went into the bathroom and threw up. There has only been one restaurant that he said the food was actually good. What’s so funny about this is, the restaurant owners and chefs have odd excuses why the food is bad, or that they didn’t know it was bad:
- The owner doesn’t taste the food. I can never get over this one. How do you own the place, but, not eat there? EVER?
- Some owners say that the customers like the food, so, that is why they don’t change the menu. But, there are only 10 customers; no one else in the world will go to the restaurant.
- The chef is in crazy denial. One chef actually said that he could cook better than Gordon Ramsay, but, his restaurants aren’t failing.
- One owner said she was a vegetarian, so, she couldn’t eat the food in her own restaurant. Whatever happened to customer comment cards?
- Then, there is the chef who says the customers are lying or they don’t know what good food tastes like. I think that’s the funniest one, to me.
Evidently, the restaurant owners on Kitchen Nightmares never go in the kitchen and inspect it, nor does the health inspectors. Gordon Ramsay will go into the kitchen and discover moldy food, roaches, rotten vegetables, nasty grills, dead rats and all kinds of disgusting things. I usually change the television until that portion is over. One show, he told the owner the kitchen was too nasty to serve out of, but, the owner refused to stop serving. Chef Ramsay called all of the customers to the back to see the filth. On one show, the owner and her boyfriend said that Gordon Ramsay didn’t find the dead mouse in the restaurant, that he must have brought it with him. That was ‘fall out of the chair’ hilarious.
Published in: Cooking