How to make plain water more interesting to drink.
Image via Wikipedia
As part of a healthy food diet, we should drink about eight cups of water a day. But when you’re used to drinking pop by the gallons and coffee loaded with sugar and cream, plain water can be very boring – and it’s hard getting it down.
Here are a few ideas on how to make water more interesting so you can drink lots and stay healthy.
1. Buy bottles of water and keep them chilled in your refrigerator. Believe it or not, your mind will treat water in a glass as boring and make it difficult to drink. But from a water bottle it is not only easier to swallow, but your mind treats it as a drink and not just water.
2. Crush a couple trays of ice cubes in a blender along with four or five strawberries or half a cup of raspberries and enjoy a delicious fruit slushy. You can use any flesh fruit or combination and get really creative.
3. Enjoy the many flavours of herbal teas and benefit from their nutritional values while taking in your daily water quota. There are flavours to suit every preference and most of them taste so great that you don’t need to add a sweetener. They also quench your hunger and can aid in losing weight.
4. Add a capful of pure lemon juice to a one-litre bottle of water and get a refreshing and thirst quenching drink. You can drink it down easily and its slightly tart flavour tastes great. Lemon juice is a great way to help keep your cholesterol levels in line.
5. Make Popsicles by adding some pure fruit juice to a jug of water. Pour the mixture into either Popsicle trays or ice cube trays and then freeze them. It will be really easy getting your water quota when you’re chomping on these instead of a calorie snack while enjoying your movie.
6. Diet jello makes a great calorie-free desert while at the same time adding to your water intake. This is another way that you can really enjoy your water.
7. Coffee is always a great way to enjoy drinking water. You can deck it out with sugar and cream or drink it black or add your favourite incentive.
8. Plain ice cubes are everyone’s favourite crunch snack and a great way to build up your water supply for the day. There are no calories and it’s really inexpensive.
9. Pure fruit juice is a tasty and nutritional drink that not only meets your daily dietary needs but also adds to your water intake.
10. Hot chocolate is everyone’s favourite hot drink in winter and it’s a perfect way to add to your daily water intake. Dress it up with marshmallows or drink it plain but either way it’s another way of drinking water.
So you see, there are lots of ways to enjoy water besides drinking it plain – and really no reason to fall short of your daily requirement. Enjoy!
Published in: Cooking