Grilling hamburgers to please 50 people is easy. Just follow food safety rules, commercial kitchen methods and use a popular recipe like our family favorite Ranch Hamburger.
Whether cooking them on an outdoor barbeque pit or on one of the new style electric indoor grills, cooking hamburgers for a crowd can be a joy — when done right.
You must consider the realities of modern food safety when grilling hamburgers.
Many backyard cooks still want to cook their hamburgers like steaks. They love medium done hamburgers. They did it for years and the results were delicious. So, for that matter, did professional chefs.
Times have changed.
Eating undercooked ground beef can result in a type of food borne illness commonly called hamburger disease, caused by bacteria. To check the temperature of a beef hamburger, take the patty from the grill and insert the digital food thermometer through the side, all the way to the middle of the patty. When it is 160°F, it is done.
Here’s our quick Recipe for easy to make Ranch Burgers for fifty hungry people and the method for cooking them safely. For a hundred people, just double the recipe.
- 18 pounds lean ground beef
- Salad oil
- 15 (1 ounce) packages Ranch Dressing mix
- 20 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 C crushed unsalted crackers
- 5 envelopes Onion Soup mix
- Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef, ranch dressing mix, egg, crushed crackers and onion soup mix.
- Form beef mince mix into 6 ounce hamburger patties.
- Dip patties in oil.
- Place patties on the grill until lightly browned, turn carefully and repeat.
- Remove patties and place on clean bake sheet.
- Finish cooking in oven until done.
Serve and enjoy!
Published in: Cooking