A fruit pizza is a pizza with a fruit topping. In this fruit pizza recipe, plain yoghurt can be substituted for the cream cheese, to lower the calorie count.
This fruit pizza recipe uses fresh pineapple, strawberries, bananas and mango. Store bought sugar cookie dough is used as the pizza dough. It’s an easy pizza recipe to make. A fruit pizza can be enjoyed as a dessert.
Fruit Bowl-Image via Wikipedia
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup mango juice
- ¼ cup water
Fruits-Image via Wikipedia
- 18 ounce package sugar cookie dough
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup mango slices
- ½ cup pineapple slices
- 1 cup strawberry halves
- ½ cup banana slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tsp vanilla
Image via Wikipedia
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange the cookie dough on a pizza pan. Prick the pastry with a fork.
- Bake the cookie dough until it is a light golden brown. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Mix the granulated sugar with the cornstarch in a saucepan. Add the mango juice and water. Stir the mixture while it is cooking. When it is thickened, cook for another minute or two.
- Beat the cream cheese with the granulated sugar and vanilla until the mixture is light.
- Spread the mixture on the crust.
- Arrange the fruit in a pattern on top of the mixture.
- Cover the fruit with the mango glaze.
- The fruit pizza should be refrigerated before serving.
Follow me on Twitter to get updates on my latest articles: @ecorica
You may also like these articles:
Low Fat Banana Bread Recipe with Pineapple and Cherries
Published in: Cooking