Flapjacks are quite easy to make, a useful and yummy treat to have on the go, and you can quite easily add additional ingredients such as dried fruit or chocolate chips.
Makes between 16-20, depending on the size.
100g Demerara sugar
3 tbsp syrup
Optional: You can add pretty much anything you want to this mix, be it chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut…the choice is yours!
- In a saucepan, melt the butter, sugar and syrup.
- Stir the oats and any optional ingredients into the pan, and mix well.
- Add mixture to a greased tin (a square tin approximately 8 inches in diameter is best, but you can use a swiss roll tin, or a round cake tin…it depends on what you have to hand.) Make sure the mixture is pressed in well within the tin.
- Bake in a 180 degree Centigrade/350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and whilst the flapjack is still hot, mark with a knife into squares and leave to cool. Once cold, remove the squares from the tin, eat or store in an airtight container.
Published in: Cooking