Tired of buying processed and frozen foods but still want convenience? Here’s how to get a healthy meal that your children will eat quickly!
So cooking your kids chicken nuggets has been a bit of a mute point in recent times. It’s often assosciated with lazy parents who never feed their kids any healthy nutritious stuff and fill them up with garbage.
It doesn’t have to be like that!
There are many quick easy recipes you can follow to get your kids to eat the stuff they say they want, but with the ingredients you want them to have, cooked the way you want to cook it!
Here’s a quick way for chicken nuggets:
You don’t even need to measure up any ingredients! But here’s a brief rundown on what you’ll need:
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- A cup of plain flour
- A cup of breadcrumbs (bread that’s gone dry broken up with your fingers works well for this!)
- 3 food bags (or alternatively bowls, depending how messy you want to get…)
- A non-stick baking tray
- Turn the oven on to 200c or around gas mark 5
- Crack the egg into one of the food bags, the flour in another and the breadcrumbs in the other
- Cut up your chicken breast, 1 inch square works well although you can most definitely experiment!
- Place the chicken into the back with the egg and give it a good old shake
- Next, into the flour the chicken goes and shake it up
- And finally, into the breadcrumbs and more shaking!
- Spread them evenly on the baking tray and into that oven they go for approx 15-20 minutes.
You even burn calories with all that shaking – or better still, get your kids involved in preparing their own food – trust me, it works!
If you want to be a little more adventurous you can experiement a little by adding various herbs and spikes into the mix. Try some paprika, or some powdered garlic, or parmesan cheese – the possibilities are endless!
And finally, enjoy those clean plates knowing your little ones have eaten healthily!
Published in: Cooking