In this article I will show you how to prepare Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch.
In this article i will show you how to prepare Cinnamon Rolls from Scratch. This is a Traditional Christmas recipe. Our grandmother always made a big impression with her famous cinnamon rolls. She loved her kitchen, and the cinnamon rolls were top priority in our family, especially at the holidays. When we were all adults, we thought, ‘Forget the presents under the tree.’ When it was time to leave, we each got a package of cinnamon rolls to take home. This recipe makes about 30 servings. Here are ingredients and directions:
EASY CINNAMON ROLLS FROM SCRATH – TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS RECIPE
2 cups milk
Two 1⁄4- ounce packages active dry yeast
1⁄2 cup shortening
1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon salt
7 to 8 cups all-purpose flour
One 16- ounce package light brown sugar
1⁄2 cup white corn syrup
1⁄2 cup milk
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter
11⁄2 cups chopped pecans, or to taste, optional
1⁄4 cup (1⁄2 stick) butter, softened
1⁄2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
11⁄3 cups packed light brown sugar
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. To prepare the rolls, heat the milk in a small saucepan until scalded and set aside to cool to 110°F. Dissolve the yeast in 1⁄4 cup warm water (105° to 115°F) in a small bowl.
2. Cream the shortening and granulated sugar in a large bowl, using a mixer at medium- high speed, until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and salt. Add the yeast mixture and warm milk. Reduce the mixer to medium speed and gradually add 3 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, blending well after each addition. Stir in the remaining flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough forms.
3. Turn the dough onto a floured work surface and knead for about 5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, turning once to coat both sides. Cover and place in a warm area until doubled in size, 1 to 2 hours.
4. To prepare the syrup, combine the light brown sugar, corn syrup, milk, and butter in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until the sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. Set aside to cool.
5. Lightly coat five 8- inch round or square pans with nonstick cooking spray. Pour 5 tablespoons of the syrup into each pan; sprinkle the pecans, if using, over each pan. Punch down the dough and knead two or three times. Divide the dough into 4 pieces, keeping each piece covered until used.
6. To prepare the filling, combine the softened butter and margarine in a small bowl; mix well. Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl.
7. Working with one- quarter of the dough at a time, roll it out into a 19 × 24- inch rectangle. Spread one- quarter of the butter mixture evenly over the dough. Sprinkle one quarter of the sugar mixture over the dough. Using a rolling pin, roll the topping mixture into the dough. Drizzle with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the syrup.
8. Roll up the dough jelly- roll style, starting at the small end and pinching the seam to seal. Slice into 15 pieces each and place 12 in each prepared pan, cut side down. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Cover and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
9. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown. Do not overbake. Remove from the oven, let stand for 5 minutes, and invert onto plates.
Follow the directions and you will be surprised how good this recipe is. Hope you enjoy this Christmas Cinnamon Rolls. Wish you all Marry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Published in: Cooking