These potluck ideas are really easy and delicious. If you’re having a family party, office party, school party, holiday party, birthday party, Christmas party or any kind of party and you can’t decide what to bring…you’ll love these simple and easy food ideas!
42 Quick and Easy Potluck Ideas, Appetizers and Recipes!
1. Shrimp Barbecue on Skewers – Lay the shrimp pieces on a heated grill. Brush with barbecue sauce. Grill until nice and brown. Shrimps cook very quickly so be careful they don’t overcook. Then stick the shrimp pieces into a skewer. Arrange your kabobs on a nice platter. This is a very elegant yet easy to make potluck dish!
2. Pigs In a Blanket – This funny name actually means cocktail frankfurters (or wieners/hotdogs/sausages) wrapped with a dough. Use a ready-made breadstick or croissant dough, and roll the dough around each piece of frankfurter. Bake it for around 15 minutes or until the dough becomes golden brown.
3. Popcorn mix – This is a unique potluck idea. Instead of putting all plain popcorn in a bowl, mix it with different kinds of snacks, such as pretzels, dry cereals and peanuts. Mix them all together and place in a nice bowl.
4. Sliced Quesadillas – Take one piece of flour tortilla and lay it flat on a non-stick pan. Top it with grated cheddar cheese, chopped tomatoes and green onions. Put another piece of flour tortilla on top. When the bottom has turned slightly brown and crispy, flip it over to brown the other side. Your quesadilla is done! Then put your quesadilla on a chopping board and using a pizza cutter, slice it into wedges. Arrange the quesadilla wedges on a nice platter and put a little bowl of salsa on the side. This will be a party hit!
5. French Toast – Everybody loves French toast. Many people think it’s only for breakfast, but it is a good thing to bring to potlucks too. Take a regular piece of bread, dip it in scrambled eggs and then pan fry it in melted butter. You can sprinkle sugar or cinnamon on top. Slice into 4 squares.
6. Ham and Egg Fried Rice – Fried rice dishes get devoured quickly! Ham and egg fried rice is very easy to make. Saute oil and add in the chopped ham (sliced into very small pieces). Add the scrambled eggs and stir. Add the cold cooked rice. Press the rice towards the ham and egg mixture to let the rice absorb the taste and color. Season with salt and mix well. Voila! Your ham and egg fried rice potluck dish is ready!
Published in: Cooking