Some of the infinite uses for baking soda.
“Not only does baking soda neutralize odiferous fatty acids but it also attacks grease by turning it into―believe it or not―soap,” says the University of Pittsburgh’s Wolke.
1. Exfoliate your skin. Apply a soft paste made of three parts baking soda to one part water. Massage gently with a circular motion, rinse and dry.
2. Erase Stains. Sprinkle baking soda on a warm damp sponge and rub clean. (Works on crayon, pencil, ink or paint.)
3. Brush your teeth. Create a paste of three parts baking soda to one part water.
4. Deodorize. Dust baking soda under your arms to absorb any body odor.
5. Unclog a drain. Pour 1/2 to 1 cup of baking soda down the drain, then pour 1/2 to 1 cup of white vinegar after it. (This will create a chemical reaction causing the baking soda to bubble.) Let solution sit for 3-4 minutes and then rinse.
6. Clean appliances. Sprinkle baking soda on any household appliance and scrub with a warm damp sponge. (Works on sinks, showers, iron and stainless steel.)
7. Settle a stomach ache. Stir 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda into 1 cup of water and drink for a safe and effective antacid treatment.
8. Use as a Laundry Detergent. Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your washing machine.
9. Wash vegetables and fruits. Sprinkle baking soda in a pan of water, let soak and rinse.
10. Fight small grease fires. Sprinkle baking soda over a small flame to smother it.
Also check out 10 uses for vinegar here, http://quazen.com/shopping/home-and-garden/10-uses-for-vinegar/
Published in: Cooking