If you are going to potluck and not sure what to bring, here are quick, simple salads you can create.
1. Tomato Cucumber Salad – wash cucumbers and tomatoes, dice up cucumbers and tomatoes. Then add salt and pepper, apple cider vinegar and squeezed lemon.
2. Caesar Salad- get those ready made bagged lettuce, add croutons and Parmesan cheese and a touch of Italian dressing.
3. Asian Salad-Use Ramen Noodles (uncooked), Break into pieces, then add broccoli slaw, mix well, add olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Put in refrigerator for 30 minutes. Then after top with sunflower seeds and sliced almonds.
4. Apple Salad- cut up apples, sliced celery, shredded carrots, chop up pecans, add raisins and add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise or more if necessary.
5. Pasta Salad- Either use rotini, penne or spiral pasta, put in boiling water. Then drain out hot water, cool with cold water and wait to dry. Add black olives, grape tomatoes, dice bell peppers (yellow, orange, red, green), sliced cucumbers and then add grated Parmesan cheese.
6. Broccoli Salad- Place Broccoli Florets, Chopped red onion, bacon bits, raisins in a bowl. Then whisk mayonnaise (1 cups), balsamic vinegar, sugar (2 teaspoons) separately, then pour in the bowl with broccoli ingredients.
7. Greek Salad- Wash Romaine Lettuce and break into small sizes, add chopped cucumbers, chopped grape or plum tomatoes and slice some red onions. Open a can of chickpeas and drain out water and put on it, place kalamuta olives and feta cheese on top. Then pour olive oil and balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing.
8. Fruit Salad- sliced apples, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, OR canned mandarin oranges to a fruit cocktail and pineapple chunks.
9. Waldorf Salad- In a bowl, wash and dice up apples, grapes, sliced celery, and add walnuts, sliced almonds, then add 1/2cup of mayo and sour cream with these ingredients.
10. Three Bean Salad
Open Can of green beans, can of kidney beans, can of chickpeas, drain and rinse and place in a dish or bowl chop celery and onions very fine and place in the dish with beans and chickpeas. In a separate bowl, add apple cider vinegar, 2 tablespoons of brown sugar, and olive oil and pour mixture on the beans, chickpeas.
Published in: Cooking